CASA XIXIM RENTAL POLICIES
Terms and Conditions
Rates are in US dollars and do not include 16% tax or security deposit. The minimum stay is 4 nights. Holiday Season minimum stay is 7 nights.
1. RESERVATION DEPOSIT & FINAL PAYMENT: By submitting payment you agree to our Rental Policy, Terms, and Conditions as outlined in the document. A 50% deposit of the total room cost including taxes and security deposit is required to secure your reservation. Once the booking has been processed, you will receive a Reservation Confirmation email that outlines a summary of your booking. Please review the information carefully and contact us immediately at info[at]casaxixim[dot]com if you have any questions or require any changes. Final Payment: The remainder (50%) will be due no later than 30 days before the clients arrival. If the reminder 50% has not arrived by this period, this will be considered a full cancellation. Please read our full policy, securing your reservation means you accept all terms. The Client will not make any negotiation, reservation or cancellation with any member of the Staff.
2. SECURITY DEPOSIT: The Client will be responsible for any losses or damage caused to the property. $1000 security deposit is required and needs to be paid by one month before the arrival date. This security deposit will be refunded 1-2 months after departure upon a satisfactory inspection of the property, and calculation of 3rd party charges such as shuttle bookings.
3. PAYMENTS: Payments can be made with PayPal, bank transfer, or US bank check (final payments only). Please contact us for bank transfer details or mailing address.
4. CANCELLATIONS: Securing a reservation with your deposit means you accept the terms and conditions of our Cancellation Policy. All cancellations must be received in writing to: info[at]casaxixim[dot]com and will be processed from receipt of notice.
25% minimum non-refundable charge on any cancellations.
50% non-refundable charge if Client cancels 90 to 30 days prior to arrival date.
75% non-refundable charge if Client cancels 30 days or less prior to arrival date.
We highly recommend that all of our guests purchase Travel Insurance, which is generally inexpensive, but can really save a lot of financial loss and emotional distress if an unforeseen event occurs. We recommend your travel insurance will cover you for airline flight and accommodation cancellations especially during the hurricane season. We also recommend you are consider coverage for accident, illness, medical evacuation and theft.
We do not issue refunds or credits for flight cancellations, due to any circumstances. Please consider taking out Travel Insurance to protect against flight cancellations. There are no refunds or credits issued due to bad weather, tropical storms or hurricanes or any other situation beyond our control; including any inconvenience or complication caused by a hurricane’s direct hit, near miss, or significant threat of a hurricane strike. Hurricanes are unpredictable by nature. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against these types of unforeseen events. Casa Xixim is not liable for any other costs, evacuation or inconveniences caused by a tropical storm or hurricane.
5. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Casa Xixim is able to accommodate up to a maximum of 8 adults and 4 children, with no exceptions. This is due to our delicate wetlands water system that was designed to function at this size. We do not want to jeopardize the health of our wetlands or risk polluting our fragile ecosystem.
6. LIABILITY: Casa Xixim and its employees shall not be liable for any damages caused mentally or physically as a result of, or in connection with: Any delays or cancellations. In the event of a traveler becoming ill during a vacation, or having to cut their vacation short. All hospital and medical expenses are the traveler’s responsibility. Monetary crises, social unrest, political or labor problems, economic changes, electrical outages due to weather, mechanical maintenance or construction difficulties, for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever resulting from events beyond our or a supplier’s reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of Nature (hurricanes, mudslides, earthquakes, sargasso seaweed), flight cancellations or changes, strikes, labor disputes, lockouts, threats or acts of terrorism, acts of war or declared war, hurricanes or weather conditions, diseases or epidemics/pandemics, novel or unexpected conditions and local laws. Absence of travel documents, visas, passports, health certificates where required. Casa Xixim is not responsible for advisement of travel and entry requirements. Loss of items that are not secured in bedroom safe, or for losses incurred when rooms are not locked. Casa Xixim is not responsible for the well being of any children who stay or visit Casa Xixim with respect to any accident or other occurrence. Parents and guardians are solely responsible for the safety and well being of their children. No children under 18 allowed without legal guardian.
7. STAFF: Casa Xixim is responsible for the Staff salaries. In case the Client needs more personal attending, the Client will be responsible for this additional cost, payment and gratuities.
8. STAFF GRATUITIES: We hope you will be very pleased with the excellent job our staff does to make your stay the best possible. They often can provide additional assistance and to show your appreciation they do appreciate gratuities from the guests very much. They are very special people and you will have become good friends by the end of your stay. We recommend $10 USD per room per day for the Chefs to share, $8 USD per room per day for Groundskeeping, $6 USD per room per day for Housekeeping. You may also choose to tip the Concierge House Manager in this same range if she had been especially useful during your stay.
9. AMENITIES: The rental of Casa Xixim includes Concierge House Manager, daily housekeeping (7am-3pm), 24/7 groundskeeper, chef service Mon-Sat (Sundays extra) (groceries extra paid in cash to chef), sustainable soap and shampoo (please do not remove), and all the equipment the house has to offer (linens, beach gear, grill, wifi/streaming media, etc.). As a net metered solar home we are subject to the stability of the municipal grid and may experience intermittent electric and internet service. We do not have a landline phone but we provide a mobile phone for guest use at the house to call the house manager, reservations, taxi, etc.
10. LAUNDRY: In case the Client requires laundry services, the Client will have to specify to the Staff the proper care of any delicate garments. Casa Xixim is not responsible for any damage to the Client’s wardrobe.
11. ARRIVALS/DEPARTURES: Check-in time is after 3:00pm. Check-out time is before 11:00am. We are a small operation with one housekeeper. These strict times allow us to prepare the villa in time for everyone’s arrival. If you need early arrival or late departure please contact us no later than one week prior to your arrival so we can review your request. If it’s possible to accommodate your request, we will bill you $50 per hour.
12. RENTAL USE: No guests other than those listed on the rental contract allowed. Full names of all guests to be provided. The Client will not be permitted to sublease Casa Xixim for any reason. Any use of Casa Xixim other than residential during a vacation must be approved in advance by the property owner. No weddings, corporate events, photo shoots, parties or large gatherings are permissible without owner approval and additional security deposit in place.
13. HOUSE RULES: No smoking and no pets. All guests must agree to House Rules.
14: CHILDREN: A maximum of 4 children under the age of 18 allowed. All infants and any child not potty trained must wear a diaper at all times. Parents and legal guardians are responsible for any children at Casa Xixim and will not be left unattended. Casa Xixim and staff are not liable for safety of children and may not be hired as child care. It is recommended that parents hire a child care service with licensed and trained providers.
15: THIRD PARTY SERVICES: Third-party services and excursions booked directly with the third-party provider and are subject to their own terms & conditions. Casa Xixim is not liable for any cancellations or changes to third-party service providers.